This is a list of the most important safety tips for everyone with or using an Airsoft BB Gun.
- Always assume that your Airsoft BB Gun is loaded.
- Eye protection is important, use specialist ballistic glasses, goggles or a full face mask for even better protection.
- Never look down the barrel of the gun. If you think your Airsoft BB Gun is jammed don’t inspect it, just use an unjamming rod to clear any blockage.
- Never point or fire your Airsoft BB Gun at anyone whenever you are outside of an Airsoft site where you are in an area that this is allowed.
- Keep your finger away from the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- Use the safety switch whenever you’re not firing your Airsoft BB Gun.
- BB pellets ricochet, more so when fired at a harder surface. They will also ricochet off water so be aware of the surface you’re shooting at.
- When target shooting be aware of your surroundings and ensure that the area around your target is clear. BB pellets will not always fire exactly straight and you can miss your target.
- Any persons under the age of 18 should be supervised when using any Airsoft BB Gun. It is illegal for minors to shoot any type of gun without supervision of an adult.
- Do not alter the appearance of you Airsoft BB Gun. They are brightly coloured so that everyone can see that they are not real guns.
- Never take your Airsoft BB Gun into a public place. They can look very realistic especially ones that are black/tan etc. in colour and people do mistake them for real guns. If someone, or indeed the police, suspect you of owning a real gun you could be putting yourself and others in real danger.
- Care for your gun. One that is damaged or dirty is more likely to cause injury.
- Never use the same BB pellet more than once. This is the most common cause of jamming and will damage Airsoft BB Guns.
- Have an awareness for your environment. Never shoot any animal with an Airsoft BB Gun, it is illegal to do so.
You can check out our Airsoft safety products here: https://www.airsoftobjectives.co.uk/bb-guns/accessories/